Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Important…

I have decided that I will post another one of those brutally honest posts. Not that my other posts are lies. This is the kind of post that I ‘fess up to some other stuff.

Why?

It’s therapeutic.

I hear from people all the time that they don’t know how I do it. And by that they mean. Handle life with 6 kids and a hubby that is away more than he is home.

So my big confession?

It.is.not.easy.all.the.time.

There are times when I lose it.

I yell sometimes when I shouldn’t.

I cry when the guilt overrides me if it’s been a bad day!

I’m not very nice to Paul all the time.

I don’t always worry about brushing teeth before bed (for me or the kids).

I don’t read a story to them every night.

I don’t have a clean house before bed.

The laundry is usually clean…in laundry baskets waiting to be put away.

I don’t sign up for things at school.—I’m going to add to this one. I sign up to send stuff on party days or when teachers need things. BUT as for attending PTO meetings or volunteering for classroom stuff…no I don’t.

I could go back and add excuses to all of the things I just listed. Some could be valid. BUT…{ha. excuse} I’m not going to.

I’m going to leave it at the fact that…I’m not perfect. Things are not always smooth sailing.

Gives plenty of room for improvement though.

Wouldn’t you agree?

2 comments:

  1. I will disagree for the following reasons:
    1. You are human
    2. You are an amazing woman
    3. You put your children's needs before your own which makes you a fantastic mom.
    4. You are loved by so many! (including me!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your not alone.....with my 5 I sometimes feel like i'm going crazy! My house isn't clean before bed, teeth don't always get brushed here either, I definitely yell when I shouldn't, I cry, bedtime stories are not read every night, homework isn't always worked on as it should be, and don't even get me started on laundry and I could go on and on and on but........you are a fantastic mom you love, respect and take care of your kids and that is what matters. I often feel guilty when people say i'm a good mom and ask how I do it.....I hope they don't look at my blog and think WOW because I definitely share more of the good than the bad on there. So know that you aren't alone and I think your a great mom, i'd be willing to bet those 6 beauties of yours also think that! I'm glad we've become friends, it's nice having someone who gets it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete