Saturday, September 22, 2012

What I will miss about being pregnant…

There are so many women that do not enjoy pregnancy.

I am not in that category.

I have mentioned it a time or two on my blog.

I really, honestly love it.

There are things that aren’t the most pleasant in the world involved with pregnancy.

I’m not saying it’s a bowl of sunshine and roses every second.

Because there are parts of it that are rough.

That will be another post.

This one is about what I will miss…

I will miss…being pregnant.

I will miss…having the positive test show up and the instant smile that comes to my face knowing my “secret.”

2012-03-15_09-21-26_544

I will miss…maternity pants.

I will miss…the movements.

I will miss…hearing that heartbeat that is so fast…yet calming to the Momma.

I will miss…the sonograms. Is there anything cooler than seeing your baby on that screen? 018 (2)sono5102012CCF05132012_00000

I will miss…the knowing looks when the bump is very evident.

27 weeks   5 days 832010

I will miss…the middle of the night cravings that I cave into just because surely it’s the baby that is hungry.

I will miss…the extra concern that is given just because of being pregnant.

I will miss…the lovely hair and nails that seem to accompany my pregnancies.

I will miss…the waddle.

I will miss…not being able to tie my shoes because there is a belly in the way.

38 weeks 10142010 b

I will miss…the wide awake in the middle of night with insomnia only to feel the baby is also wide awake.

I will miss the general excitement that happens when there is a baby on the way!

There it is…some (or all) of the things I will miss about being pregnant.

I still have some time to enjoy this pregnancy…so I will. Because…I know I will miss it when it’s all done.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way....there are so many things I love about being pregnant and even though this one has been particuarly tough....I will still miss it when it's over! Good thing we get something so cute and cuddly to occupy us when it's all over:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though my "baby" is now 33, I still remember those wonderful feelings. You must get loving being pregnant from me....I always felt wonderful and it helped a lot that I never, never, never had morning sickness!

    ReplyDelete