Monday, August 6, 2012

A death…

20120802_205528

That is what my computer screen showed Thursday night.

I used Paul’s ancient laptop and researched a little of what that could mean.

I already knew but just in case I was wrong.

If ever there was a time I wanted to be wrong it was Thursday night.

So Friday, Paul took the tower to the computer place in town.

They called to give us the bad news within fifteen minutes. Paul wasn’t even back yet from dropping it off there.

We went ahead and had a new hard drive installed. WHICH IS CRAZY EXPENSIVE.

No imagine what life would be like without all your documents, email addresses, precious family photos for the past few years and videos…gone?

I am very fortunate that I didn’t lose the photos or videos…or even the documents.

You see, I have a back-up drive I use e.v.e.r.y.d.a.y. I have it set to back-up photos, documents and videos.

I still lost quite a bit of information.

But it could’ve been so.much.worse.

So…my tip for you?

Go back-up anything you don’t want gone.

What did I find on my back-up drive?

I’ll show you what I could’ve lost:

IMG_2057P7200081IMG_5376IMG_3198IMAG2303

Very…very…precious memories!

1 comment: