Saturday, September 10, 2011

3 Years ago {yesterday}…

Isn’t it funny that {most} Mom’s can’t remember every detail of what happened a few days ago but if you get to talking about the day they gave birth…every detail is there?

It’s one of those things I do too. I have a horrible memory most of the time. Names are the worst for me. More than once I’ve had to ask the same person I’ve met a handful of times what their name is. It’s so embarrassing. BUT if you were to ask me what happened three years ago in my life I would tell you this story…

We got up early and went to the hospital for our scheduled induction. We got there at 7AM. At 7:15, we got back to our room (suite 279). We got the best nurse there! Shana got our IV started and checked us. We were dilated to 5! Dr. M. came in and broke our water at 8:16AM. I got the epidural after that! The epidural took forever to get in--I was sitting on the bed funny. After I shifted the head anesthesia doctor was able to get it right in--instead of the first anesthesia doctor-- and then the baby's heart-rate dipped a little so I had to wear the oxygen mask. The nurse had us lay on our left side and then we were complete within ten minutes. Dr. M came in and we started pushing at 10:16AM. You were born after 2 1/2 contractions! At 10:26AM our beautiful girl was born. And to our surprise--our biggest baby! With a little double chin and big cheeks. AND to more of our complete surprise a ton of hair!!!! Actual weight was 7 pounds 6 ounces and 19 inches in length. Blue eyes like the rest of the kids. But unlike the other kids, dark brown hair and lots of it!

Yes. I remember a lot of details from each of my children’s births. The only non-epidural one was Shayne. People say you forget the pain of childbirth. What people exactly? I remember pain like that because there is no other pain like that. But you know, I wouldn’t change it for anything in the world.

Yep. My baby girl is three. Although if you ask her she says, “No I not!” And then she giggles. It is more than I little funny.

I didn’t publish this yesterday because it was day filled with stuff. A photo shoot for the darling was included in that stuff. Here is what my darling girl looked like the day she turned 3…

 

IMG_3306 edit 1

IMG_3339

IMG_3340 edit 1

AND the diva let me know when she was done having her pictures taken as well.

IMG_3358

I have lots more to say but I have a party to get ready for!

Until later….

2 comments:

  1. Sage, sorry mommy made you cry on your birthday! Honestly Debbie, she is beautiful (even with tears)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sassy pants. You make me smile. And feel the urge to rattle the crap out of you but I wouldn't have it any other way. Ever.

    ReplyDelete