Monday, March 7, 2011

I had every intention…

of blogging today. I really did. Well…this kind of is. But this is going to be short and sweet.

Because I am in pain.

I went to the dentist today. You see, I had this cavity in my very last molar that fell out. The cavity fell out. Not the tooth. Teeth usually don’t just fall out. Unless there are medical conditions.

I digress.

I went because the cavity falling out happened awhile ago. And I have been too chicken to go have it taken care of.

I bit the bullet and made the appointment. It was for a “looksie” appointment. That was the term the dentist’s office use. So…to the new dentist office I go. I get an X-Ray done. Which are so weird compared to how they used to be done.

He comes in and talks to me. We have a couple of options.

I tell him, if it can’t be refilled, I want it pulled. It is on my very back molar. No one sees it. I have plenty more chomping abilities with the molar that is in front of it. The dentist…

Agrees.

So they got everything ready and *CRACK* the tooth broke while being pulled. Thank God for Novocain and laughing gas. I didn’t feel it. But the sounds make you think so much worse of what is going on. A couple of little drill seconds and out come the roots.

Sounds fun right?

So—post-procedure orders are simple…no drinking out of straws, no hot food today, no hard food for a couple of days, rest for 24 hours.

Um, say what?

Did I mention I have 5 kids to take care of? And my hubby is out of town.

And now I have gauze in my mouth, I finally caved and took a pain medicine because I couldn’t take it anymore. Paul should be home tonight.

Would you like to see a picture?

It’s from a few days ago.

025

But still worth seeing a few times. Because *DANG* this boy is beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you are in pain and yes, Cooper is beautiful!! How I love that smile!!!

    ReplyDelete