Thursday, March 31, 2011

The hair streaks…

My oldest child wants her hair to be purple.

What to do about that…

Well the short answer is heck no, I’m not okay with her having purple hair. She’s 9. She has beautiful hair as it is. BUT I am all about encouraging individuality. I also want Shayne to be able to express her creativity.

So…the little salon I went to suggested hair gel. Colored hair gel.

Perfect. It washes out easily but still gives the expression thing a chance to shine. The downside? There wasn’t purple. Shayne picked out a different color. What did she pick?

108

Can you tell what it is?

How about I make the picture bigger?

114

Yep. She chose blue.

I didn’t mind that it stained my hands while I was doing her hair. It made her smile. She didn’t like that it made her hair clump together. I knew it would. It’s hair gel after all.

I gave her 5 streaks altogether.

116

Oh—yes. Stormy got one little streak also. But I didn’t get her picture.

Shayne’s not sure if she wants to continue with the blue hair gel. I’m sure we will have many more discussions about her hair style choices. And many other discussions in general.

One that came up the other night?

S……..e……..'

yes. You know what I’m talking about.

Wait until I tell you how that went down.

Oiy. Vey.

2 comments:

  1. Well, at least she picked out a good color! Good luck on the other topic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous kiddo!

    And Matt and I had an agreement: If our kid was a girl, I had to give the talk; boy, Matt does it.

    Score one for Team Kerrie - Matt's taking this one for the team!
    ~kg

    ReplyDelete