Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Today

2.23.2011

002

Paul called me while he was on his way to work to tell me to check out the sunset.

“It’s bright orange. You have to get out of the subdivision to see it but it’s really cool. You’ll have to hurry though.”

So…

"KIDS HURRY UP AND GET IN THE CAR WE GOTTA GO SHAYNE GRAB MY CAMERA IT’S ON MY DESK LET’S GO LET’S GO LET’S GO I DON’T CARE WHICH SHOES YOU GRAB LET’S GO I’M LEAVING IN 30 SECONDS.”

I don’t think I took a breath during that whole rant to my kids. They thought we were on a wild goose chase. They giggled.

So racing to the nearest point where I could see the sunset and get a good shot…not easy. But…I got that picture. And a few more that I can’t wait to show you but that one is the one for my photo challenge. The other ones I was really wanting to make my challenge but this one is special to me.

Why?

Paul called and told me about it. He knows I love sunsets. And any pretty scenery. But sunsets…ah…gorgeous end of the day beautiful sunsets.

He also called me to ask if I managed to catch any great pics. A couple I tell him. I didn’t have on the right lens so I had to make do with what was on the camera. But…still. So pretty right?

And my eldest sweetest darling asked me with a grin on her face… “Can we do that again sometime?”

Absolutely.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pic! We have amazing sunsets here in New Mexico and are often running out the door to get to the end of the block to snap a pic. Maybe I'll post some to my blog.

    Great post!
    ~kg

    ReplyDelete