Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sometimes…

It’s hard to love your spouse. Not that you don’t love them. It’s just hard. There are so many circumstances that make it hard. And we all know it is never hard to love me because I am a bowl of sunshine and roses every moment of every day, all day no matter what.

AHEM

 

ANYWAYS…

There was a time or two early last year when I was…not in the loving mood towards my hubby. Well for Valentine’s day I listed out some reasons I love him. And it totally made me smile today when I found the list on my computer as I was scrolling through some of my old documents.

I have a point to this post I swear. Just bear with me and keep reading…

I love you because of your laugh. I love you because you made me a Mom. I love you because of your sense of humor. I love you because you are such a hard worker. I love you because you love your job. I love you because you are so cute. I love you because you still say I’m cute. I love you because you spoil me. I love you because you play with our kids even when you are dead tired. I love you because you laugh when I tell you I’m going to smother you with your pillow because of your snoring. I love you because you are always willing to help friends. I love you because you can sew. I love you because you fix things. I love you because you build things. I love you because you are okay with us having a 5th child someday. I love you because you make me happy. I love you because try to help me get out of my bad moods. I love you because you make me laugh. I love you because I had to think of these reasons why I love you. I love you because you watch Golden Girls with me. I love you because you play COD and look like a dork but you don’t care. I love you because you always vacuum. I love you because you go buy us doughnuts sometimes. I love you because you bring the kids into our room when you go to work. I love you because you don’t complain when they are hogging the whole bed.

I love you because you are you. I love you because you make me, me. I love you because you make us, us.

I love you for so many reasons some are listed—

Most are not.

Just know…

I love you. Happy Valentine’s Day!

(And yes—I realize it says have a 5th child someday…obviously I hadn’t taken the test that said we were going to have a 5th child already. Kind of cool right?)

Okay---WHAT IS THE POINT???

Sometimes it is okay to need to list out reasons you love your spouse. It helps bring out those warm fuzzy feelings that make marriage so much easier. For example, I could be {and slightly am} irritated with the fact that I got a minimal of sleep thanks in part to Paul and his snoring. It actually wasn’t that loud…just annoying when I was trying really hard to get back to sleep after getting up to feed a darling baby. So instead of me being a grouch all day {because seriously…I could} I read my list of reasons I love Paul. And it made me smile. And to further help my mood here are a couple more reasons I love him…

I love you Paul because you are such a weirdo about having your socks touch the floor. I love you Paul because you still helped me give Cooper a shower yesterday even though you had to go to work. I love you Paul because…

I will have to come up with more.

Anyways…do you see my point?

Try it. It seriously works. Don’t let the negative stuff pool into your mind though. And if you do…change it to a reason for loving that spouse of yours that is at this moment sawing logs like nobody’s business.

sigh.

1 comment: