Thursday, July 26, 2012

A few random things…

because I have been such a random blogger lately!

Wanna see a couple of funny pictures?

SAM_0463SAM_0460

Yep. Those are pictures my girls took using my little underwater camera/camcorder. It makes me smile looking at those.

What else?

I cannot believe still what we found out at the gender reveal.IMG_4756

I did think we were having a boy. I had my head convinced. My heart is so happy that we are having a girl. Like I cannot believe it! I rushed to my best friend’s house to pick up the sonogram picture to confirm what the cake said.  I had assumed I would never get to do the little baby girl stuff again. Of course, I was over the moon with the prospect of a little boy. But a little girl? I’m outta the universe happy!

All that to say…it doesn’t matter one bit in the end does it? A healthy baby. That’s all that matters.

And all that to say…I’ve been online window shopping at the cute little girl stuff. Car-seat and pack-and-play for example. The style I want for car seat is the Graco Snug ride—Mirabella pattern. It is too cute!

And pack and play? I have one. It’s the travel lite one. But it’s blue. And since this is the last little one I will ever have and he is not a he, but she is in fact a she, I want a girl one! (Say all that fast 3 times!)

Hmmm….what else?

It rained last night.

I went to bed early(ish) because of a headache. Possibly brought on by my yelling darlings…They have been exceptionally good. Except when they’re not. It’s been ridiculously hot here in the mid-west. As in 104 with heat index of 106. Yuck. Everything is brown. I love that in the fall but it’s still summer. And it’s too hot to do anything. Except take the kids to A/C outings. The movies. I’ve done that a few times. Yesterday Paul went. It was nice to have him chase Coop around for a change. Next week, I think I’m gonna take them to Chuck E Cheese. Inside play and food. Win/Win right?

My favorite thing about this time of the year?

School supply shopping. At least when I was in school it was my favorite. I would spend loads of time organizing my stuff and re-doing it every day. All the new crayons, pencils, pens, and notebooks…aaahhh….my happy place.

This year?

I’m still somewhat excited. I love that the kids are excited. BUT it means they will be overly excited shopping. Yikes. The one item I dislike shopping for?

The backpacks. They aren’t cheap. Well…we have done the cheap ones before. BUT they fall apart quickly. So…you get what you pay for in this area.

Coop does this new face now.

20120718_115555

Not sure what it means but it sure makes me laugh.

All my darlings while we did a family movie night. What did we watch?

20120716_200845

Kung Fu Panda II

So…enough rambling.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry it took me so long to get to your blog. Think I will try and look every day...just because I enjoy it so much.

    ReplyDelete