Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Funny things my kids say…

Connor got a new XBox game. It is Ghostbusters. Obviously us watching the classic movie has had an impact.
While we were watching him play it for a few minutes Shayne says, “Go find Slobber Connor!”
“You mean Slimer Shayne?”
“Yeah. That’s what I meant.”
*********************************************************
Today is school picture day so last night…I told Shayne I wanted to tweeze the couple of hairs she has in between her eyes. She was cool with that (and I don’t really mind that she has furry eyebrows but the ones between the actual eyebrows…? She’s 10. And she notices that I pluck…anyways…if you disagree with me on this…kudos to you).
She’s in the bathroom, “Mom. Where are the pluckers?”
It sounded much different than that though. I shouted out a “WHAT DID YOU SAY?”
“The plucker things…for my eyebrows?”
“TWEEZERS SHAYNE! That’s what they are called. They are on the counter.”
Man…that was scary.
**********************************************************
Stormy’s standing in the entryway of her room when I see her doing this weird thing with her booty.
“Stormy. What are you doing?”
“This butt dance I do all the time.”
Okay then. How silly of me not to know.
***********************************************************
“Connor. You look sooo handsome honey!”
“I don’t look handsome. Not until you button my shirt.”
Oh. And so it begins with my son!

1 comment: